Press Releases, Articles & Announcements
CC&L Foundation’s support for displaced Ukrainians
November 30, 2022
The ongoing conflict in Ukraine has displaced over 12 million Ukrainians, with many seeking refuge in neighbouring countries and beyond. The CC&L Foundation has stepped up to provide vital humanitarian aid. Through two successful fundraising campaigns, the Foundation has raised $409,000 in support of eleven organizations such as Help Us Help and the Canada-Ukraine Foundation.
The impact of these funds has been far reaching, including:
- Delivery of food boxes to almost 1 million people in 21 oblasts
- Provision of bulletproof vests, food, shelter and assistance in relocating families
- War Trauma Therapy program started for 9,900 children
- Purchase of 1,000 new firefighting sets of personal equipment
- Re-launch of the Canada-Ukraine Surgical Aid Program
- Delivery of supplies and medicine to 78 hospitals across Ukraine
- Delivery of 140 metric tons of buckwheat seeds for harvest in October, providing much-needed food security
The Foundation’s efforts have also extended to the Ukrainian-Canadian community, with the Displaced Ukrainians Appeal funding over 1,000 displaced children to attend summer camps in Canada.
Through its various charitable initiatives and the dedication of volunteers, the CC&L Foundation continues to make a positive impact in the lives of Ukrainians affected by the conflict, providing necessary help and hope for a better tomorrow.
Learn more about the work of the CC&L Foundation.