Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group logo.

Communiqués de presse, articles et avis

Crestpoint completes two new retail investments in Alberta, expanding firm’s assets under management to over $10 billion

14 mai 2024

Save-on-Foods located in Town Centre, a newly constructed shopping centre in Calgary, Alberta.

Crestpoint Real Estate Investments Ltd., in partnership with the Trinity Retail Fund, is pleased to announce the completion of two new retail investments: Town Centre and the Cornerstone Retail Portfolio, both situated in and around Calgary, Alberta. These investments are strategically located, host a premium roster of well-known national tenants and are nestled near residential areas that attract substantial consumer traffic.

Town Centre, a newly constructed shopping centre spanning approximately 138,000 sq. ft. in the master-planned community of Trinity Hills near Canada Olympic Park, is anchored by Save-on-Foods and includes a variety of well-known national tenants, such as Dollarama, PetSmart, Bulk Barn and Sleep Country. Located near the Trans-Canada Highway and Sarcee Trail SW, the centre provides tenants with exposure to over 60,000 vehicles daily and is adjacent to a community projected to reach around 4,000 residential units.

The Cornerstone Retail Portfolio consists of two open-format, grocery-anchored retail properties in Olds and Okotoks, Alberta, measuring approximately 113,000 sq. ft. and 157,000 sq. ft., respectively. Combined, the two-asset portfolio covers 33 acres with a leasable area of approximately 270,000 sq. ft. About 98% of the space is leased to a premium roster of national tenants offering high-quality everyday essentials, including Sobeys, Canadian Tire, Staples, Dollarama, Mark’s and several leading banks. Both locations also benefit from their proximity to Walmart “Superstores.”

Crestpoint, on behalf of the Crestpoint Core Plus Real Estate Strategy (its open-end fund), has a 75% interest in Town Centre and the Cornerstone Retail Portfolio, with Trinity Retail Fund holding the remaining 25%. These acquisitions enhance the fund’s diversity and increase Crestpoint’s total assets under management to over $10 billion.

Groupe financier Connor, Clark & Lunn Ltée
mai 14th, 2024